Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Learning profile P

hand_prints.jpg

I learn best when I am moving. When I move around I tend to engage into discussions and also listen better. When I did this in health last year, I learnt that I also learn better when
I focus on the bigger picture. I hadn't noticed until I was doing this in humanities but when ever my friends ask me for help and they try to explain in detail, I start thinking about other things. Also when they go into too much detail, my final question always is "So overall what happened?".

I need to, like I said above, move in order to concentrate. The profile info
recommends that I do lazy eights before any assignments. This will help both sides of my brain work better. I also need to connect with the emotional side of the situation in order to understand it fully. Even though it doesn't say this in my profile, I actually do appreciate detail. Even though i like to look at the bigger picture, when I get instructions the more detail the better.

The strategies that would help me in my learning are things like
I stated above. I should move around more while I am processing information or discussing things. If u watch me in humanities when we are doing the Socratic seminar you would see that I fidget or shift around in my seat
a lot. This is not because I am bored, it's because it helps me engage in the conversation. If I don't move around I tend to blank out in whatever we are doing. In Spanish for example, when we are just sitting down I almost dose of. But when we do things like acting situations out or do things where we move around to get answers, I am much more engaged.

I would like my teachers to know this about me is that I love colour. I really don't know why but colourful visuals draw me in. Most of my teachers probably notice that because on every thing (besides math and science tests) I use colours. They help me more when I'm studying because when most people study, they panic trying to memorize things. Colours stand out for me and they really make a huge difference to how I process the information. When I study I move around rather than staying in one place rather than writing things down over and over again. I read things out to help me memorize them. I absolutely love interpreting metaphors. They have so much emotion and meaning. Although I don't read that much. Its not because I don't like reading. Its because I wait for the right book. I love poetry, but not the type where its just rhyming words. I love reading poetry about people and their situations but I don't like reading novels about it. I find it weird how I love sound and music, but when I'm under stress my sense of sound and sight blur out. This normally happens when I am really tired and someones trying to explain something to me. I make them repeat things over and over again. Over all my Profile pretty much explains who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment